Does Cheers Make Good Quality Reclining Furniture?
I am considering buying a Cheers brand power recliner. The salesman said they were the #1 manufacturer. Are you familiar with this brand? Is it any good?
Cheers is one of the dozens of reclining furniture brands made by Man Wah, a Chinese manufacturer (with factories in many Asian countries) that really is the world's #1 largest reclining furniture manufacturer. Cheers is one of their higher end (best quality) lines.
- Cheers makes reclining sofas with both bonded leather and leather match.
- Leather match has top grain leather on the seats, inside backs and inside arms. The outside arms, backs and bases are vinyl or polyurethane faux leather.)
Do not buy bonded leather!
- Bonded leather has been the cause of thousands of complaints (and dozens of lawsuits) over the past decade.
- Peeling bonded leather cannot be replaced and often occurs within 1 - 3 years after purchase.
- Bonded leather defects are specifically excluded from all furniture warranties, including extended warranties.
- I mention this because Costco's profit margins are lower than furniture stores (including online stores.)
- They are the only furniture retailer I know of that still has a no-questions-asked refund policy if you have a problem.