About Our Made in America Furniture
- Simplicity Sofas Named one of World's Top 10 RTA Furniture Manufacturers Report.
ABOUT SIMPLICITY SOFAS
Simplicity Sofas is the best kept secret in the furniture industry.
In 2012, six years after opening Simplicity Sofas' High Point, NC factory, owner Jeff Frank received a phone call from the editor-in-chief of Furniture Today, the furniture industry's leading trade publication, located less than 10 miles from the Simplicity Sofas factory. The editor-in-chief’s first question: “Who the heck are you guys?”
The reason for the phone call and question was that a press release had just been received at Furniture Today announcing that Simplicity Sofas had been awarded a $20,000 Grand Prize in a nationwide competition for America's Most Innovative Small Business. It was the first time the editor-in-chief or any of his staff of editors and reporters had ever heard of Simplicity Sofas.
Simplicity Sofas sells direct to consumer only. It does not sell through retailers and does very little advertising. As a result, the company has remained nearly invisible to the rest of the furniture industry. Since the company was founded in 2007 growth has come primarily through word of mouth referrals, returning customers and product reviews.
More recently Simplicity Sofas has also achieved other national recognition, placing it among America's best furniture manufacturers.
- In May, 2018 an independent review site, All American Reviews, published a list of Best sofas made in America. Simplicity Sofas was named winner of the Sectional Sofa category.
- In 2018 and 2017 an international Market Research company published research studies naming Simplicity Sofas as one of the world's Top 10 RTA Furniture Market Leaders. IKEA, Walmart, Target and Flexsteel were also listed in the reports.
- The Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA), a 1500+ member international organization of customer service professionals, named Simplicity Sofas a finalist in its annual competition for Customer Experience Innovator of the Year. CXPA's membership is drawn primarily from large multi-national corporations in consumer products, communications, insurance, electronics, transportation and other consumer-related industries.
- Actor and author William Shatner interviewed Simplicity Sofas President Jeff Frank for his book about Entrepreneurship. The one hour interview is available on Mr. Shatner's Kickstarter website.
- Simplicity Sofas has been the subject of more than two dozen articles. It has also appeared in best selling books and in lectures by high profile consumer experience experts.
Simplicity Sofas specializes in Furniture for Small Spaces. It's patented designs fit small rooms and through narrow doors and stairways where other high quality couches, sectional sofas and sofa sleepers cannot go. For example, the company offers a wide selection of sofas for small spaces including small sofa sleeper, small sectional couch, small chaise sofa and small sleeper sofa. Simplicity Sofas also makes small sofa bed, small sleeper, small sectional sofa, couches for small spaces and sectional sofa for small spaces. Other small apartment furniture includes small couch, chaise sofa, small sectional and sectional for small spaces.
In 2017 Simplicity Sofas also became the brand of choice for many consumers who were not looking for small scale furniture. An article in Furniture Today emphasized the company's outstanding hand-crafted quality and use of locally sourced premium quality materials such as solid oak frames and 2.5 density Ultracel foam cushions.
Simplicity Sofas owner Jeff Frank first recognized the advantages of "extreme customer service" many years ago while doing part-time volunteer work with Call for Action, an international, nonprofit network of consumer hotlines dedicated to helping people deal with problems with retailers and consumer fraud.
As a volunteer Mr. Frank dealt with hundreds and hundreds of upset consumers who felt unfairly treated by retailers or service organizations. After a while he started noticing some familiar patterns:
When retailers refuse to address the concerns of their customers the result is an extremely upset person who becomes determined to spread the word about their unfair treatment.
When retailers compromise with their customers and arrive at a mutually agreeable solution, those customers will forgive the store and return to purchase again.
Solutions that go "above and beyond" expectations result in customers who not only become enthusiastic and loyal repeat customers, but also spread the word of their amazing experience with family, friends and co-workers. This is what Simplicity Sofas tries to do with every single customer.
Simplicity Sofas has grown primarily through Word of Mouth recommendations and referrals. We are constantly seeking opportunities to go "above and beyond" for our customers.
Customer service and Word-of-Mouth referrals have been Simplicity Sofas' primary marketing tool since the company was founded in 2007. This is extremely rare for ecommerce companies and unheard of in the furniture industry.
Here are a few articles, written by Simplicity Sofas owner Jeff Frank, that explain how this works:
For the first ten years Simplicity Sofas furniture was manufactured by subcontractors in High Point, North Carolina. Since 2014 the furniture has been manufactured by Dimarmel, Inc. Dimarmel is owned by Sergio Diaz, the same individual who built and upholstered every piece of Simplicity Sofas furniture during its first three years in business (2007 - 2010.)