Can I Refill Worn out Sofa Cushions?
We purchased our family room furniture a few years ago. The sofa is wearing well, but one cushion needs more filling.
The sales woman said that when the cushions flatten out I just need to add more fiber. I don't know how or where to add the fiber. Is there one type of fiber that is best for cushions?
- Your current cushions are not made using loose fiber. That construction is used only for pillows or the very cheapest cushions.
- Replacing only the fiber wrap will result in the same problem you have now after only a few months.
- If you have owned your sofa for at least three years, you may want to consider replacing all three cushion cores.
- 2.0 density foam will last 1 - 2 years longer than 1.8 density.
- 2.5 density foam cores should last 10 - 15 years.